Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Experiences at Xavier Rudd

I went to see Xavier Rudd because of friend gave me a ticket. We were up in the rafters 2nd level balcony all the way to the side in seats 1 and 2. Not the best seats in the house. But I still had a great time.

I wasn't all that into the music. Although Xavier Rudd was great I had a tough time really getting into the music. But the music did something else to me. Instead of causing me to dance wild and cheer like it did most other people it took me into the past.

It first hit me when he was doing some Caribbean type music. My first though was how it sounded like Graceland by Paul Simon. Then I got thrown back into several instances where I was listening to Graceland and having a great time.

As the music continued I was reminded of all the great memories I've had with my friends. All the great Times I've had with Scott W., Darby J. and Alan C. All the parties we have been to together and the crazy things that ensued along with them. It was a marvelous blast from the past.

Then I was taken into all the great memories I've had at folkfest. I have only been to folkfest twice but I have enough memories to last 6 folkfests. Specific times I was reminded of was with Christian F. Dancing around the fires. There was also the time when a party of all went into the pit at night and saw the fire throwers something I would have happily paid money to see. I even remembered sleeping on my towel in front of the main stage but put to sleep by some great music.

I had what I would call an out of body experience. An experience of all my great memories I've had with my friends. It's an experience I could not have had if it wasn't for Xavier Rudd. Thank you very much Xavier Rudd and Friends.

No comments: