Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm just not smart enough

Have you ever had an idea before that you couldn't grasp? An idea that you couldn't explain but is rambling around in your head. A beautiful idea that just seems past your own IQ.

I've had this idea rattling around in my brain for the past month. I can't put it on paper, or explain it in words. I can't do it because I can't understand it myself. It's like an idea out of a dimension where reality doesn't make any sense.

I wonder if this is how discoveries are made. An idea that doesn't make any sense but given enough time you slowly start to put the puzzle together and can make sense of it.

I just thought of an interesting story that may help you understand the story. When Christopher Columbus stumbled upon America it was already inhabited by natives. When these natives looked out into the ocean they couldn't make sense of these massive ships. To the natives they had never seen ships of this size or magnitude so they didn't even think they were ships, floating in water. They just assumed they were pretty colors resting on the waters.

As time went on the boats came closer, and closer until it became clear to the natives that these were floating vessels. These floating vessels contained people. It was at this point that the natives realized what those color floating things were in the water.

This is the idea I am referring too. Maybe at some point I will be able to make sense of my idea but for now I just don't understand it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the mystery within. The chase, the games, the suspense. A mind is more a universe than the universe itself, a great place to get lost. Just make sure you know your way back... :)