Monday, December 1, 2008

What if we were an atom on a baby’s behind?

I’ve been reading a lot of science books and watching a lot of scientific documentaries. I have been reading about quantum physics and the string theory. I have read about some of Einstein’s adventures and dreams and how little we really know about particles, and space. I’ve read about the theoretically 8 hidden dimensions that we can’t see and the 4 that we do understand. After all this reading I have come up with my own theory.

I believe that we are just an atom on a baby’s behind. Let’s review what we know about space and time by asking a simple question: Have you ever wondered what it would be like living on an atom? I have put a lot of thought into it. Here is what I have uncovered.

First thing that we would notice is space. When we looked up from this atom we would see a lot of space not unlike what we see when we look up from earth. As a matter of fact it is very likely that we would see stars too. We could even see planets close to us that would resemble our solar system. The sun would be too big for us to see but other particles would seem like far away planets. We might even find ourselves asking if there was other life on these planets.

Let’s talk about time. Atoms spin near the speed of light. If we did live on the atom then millions/billions of years would pass to us but to the baby would experience only a few days/months/years would pass. It’s taking into affect the fact that the closer you get to the speed of light the slower time seems to everything else but to us it still runs on normal time.

Then there is the theory of the big bang. All of a sudden we come into existence. Sort of like a little sperm penetrating an egg. I’m not entirely sure what happens after the sperm fertilizes an egg but from an atoms perspective it may look like a big bang. I know every time I try to fertilize an egg the girl always says it’s like she experienced a big bang. :)

There you have it. What do you think about my theory?

No comments: