Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Doctor The Wuss

So I went to see a doctor at the Pan-Am Clinic. I hurt myself a few days ago while playing floor hockey. I figured since I could barely walk and was in a little bit of pain I would get myself checked out. It was my back that was hurt and one thing you should be cautious about is injuries to the back.

Anyways my doctor and gave me a look-over and said that he believed he knew what the problem was. He explained it to me but he was using doctor language. I let him know that I was on some painkillers and didn't understand what he was saying (it was a lie but at least it got him to stop talking doctor like).

He told me that he wanted to give me some x-rays to confirm his diagnosis. I said sure and he pointed me in the proper direction. I got my x-rays and waiting for him to see me again. It took about 3 minutes for him to pick me up from the waiting room.

He took me to where the x-rays were and said you see this part, see how it's straight. I couldn't see anything, but I nodded anyways. That means I had .... Then he showed me the x-ray of my leg and said you see how this is curved. Once again couldn't see anything but still said sure. He said that should be straight. This confirms my diagnosis. I gave the doctor and pat on the back and said "Good call".

Anyways. He prescribed me some pretty crazy drugs for the pain. He also said that I should rest for at least the next 2 days. I should call in sick for work. This was a surprise to me because I had my injury on Tuesday. I had been to work each night. But he said without a doubt I should miss work and stay off my feet. I said I would, doctors orders and all.

He also prescribed me from physiotherapy. I asked him if it was absolutely necessary (testing how deep the waters were) and he said it is necessary in this instance. I said fine. But before I left I asked him if I was Dwayne Johnson would you have subscribed me the same thing. He asked who is that? I replied the rock?

I think I caught him off guard with that one because he said "sure would". I don't think he realized what good shape I am in. I guess he was being cautious but it seemed offly wussy to me. I think I could have gone to work tonight and tomorrow. I've done it for the past couple of days and the pain has subsided a bit. But I have to follow the doctors orders. When it comes to this stuff he probably knows more then me.

So I know I am in my bed all drugged up and happy. I figured since I was going to fall into this unaware, unconscious awareness because of the drugs I should watch something that fit the bill. I through on Pink Floyds "The Wall" and decided to write this note. I don't know if it makes any sense because I'm not in my right mind. But I sure am feeling good.

No comments: