Monday, September 1, 2008

The Evolutionary Step

I look around my house and I am surrounded by innovation. I have so much innovation/technology around me that I would say 90% of the items that surround me were created within the last 100 years.

If you go back 200 years were people thinking this same thing? Did they look around and say that everything they owned were from innovations from the past 100 years? I don't think they could have.

Let's create a invisible measurement called a evolutionary step. In a chart this measurement would be compared to time. Let's go back 10,000 years. 1 evolutionary step may have taken 100's of years to achieve. If you go back 500 years a evolutionary step may have only taken decades to occur. Now a days it seems like we are making evolutionary steps in months or even days.

Just thinking about this gives me a warm feeling. A good feeling that the future is going to hold something cool and that I will probably get to see a glimpse of it before I pass on.

No comments: