Saturday, February 21, 2009

The devil is coming after me part #2

Alright, something is really up. I was caught up in another conundrum. I think I acted appropriately but the temptation always exists.

I went to play pool with some friends at the local pub. We had a few drinks before we even picked up a queue. We went to a pool table put in our money and had a fun game of pool. It came my turn to pay so I dropped in $1.25. The balls didn't come loose.

I put in another $1.25 and they didn't come loose again. I went to the manager and told him about the problem. He couldn't fix it so he said pool is on the house. I played 2 more games (these games I played for). Then when it came to the third game I started to feel uncomfortable about the situation.

The owner/manager was nice to offer us free pool but he is being forced to offer a service to keep us drinking and from going to another place. But the owner shouldn't lose out. For my 3rd game I still put in $1.25. The devil almost had me again. If I hadn't paid I would have been taken advantage of another persons situation. I should be benefiting from someone elses misery.

Although I didn't tell him that we were still paying I'm sure he will appreciate finding a little extra money in the machine.

Note: My friends didn't follow my path in paying for there pool. It was easier for me to do because I payed for 2 games ahead of time. I couldn't convince them to pay even after saying it was the right thing to do. I wish I was more convincing.

No comments: