Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Devil is coming after me for my sins

Lately I have had the feeling that I am being tested. A lot of usual things have been happening to me lately and they only have one correlation, they are the purest form of evil. Here are just some of the things that I have had to endure.

About 2 weeks ago I went to buy a soda pop from my work on my break. The fee was $1.85 and I had more than enough to cover it. I dropped in a toonie and clicked on the drink of my preference. Down came my drink and the change. I grabbed the drink but when I went for the change I found I was being challenged. When I reached for my change I didn’t find 15 cents but rather 30 cents.

A lot of things went through my head at this point. Should I take the money, or should I not. In the end I took the change that was owed to me and left the remaining 15 cents. What was I guilt of, impure thoughts. Impure thoughts are far better than theft. I am sure happy I didn’t take that money because I wouldn’t have been able to sleep that night.

Then just a few days ago I found myself making another tough decision. I was coming home after dropping someone off at their home. On my back I noticed a drifter on the side of the road looking for a ride.

Let me give you a bit of background on the situation. It was about 4:00 in the morning on a day where the temperature was between -30 to -40. It was on Regent in a public area but the streets were empty and no stores would have been open to allow the person to get warm.

At first I wasn’t going to pick the person up because I was afraid the person would try and steal from me or even try and kill me. I did end up picking up this person and dropping them off at that place on Garry St. I think the name of it was Siloam Mission. I dropped the person off and saw the person get let into the mission.

What was I guilty of? I was judge jury and execution for this person. I had made a decision that this person was a bad person. After talking to the person I realized it was a good person stuck in bad situation. I’m happy I did decide to pick up this traveler.

I have a feeling the devil is going to be welcoming me into the gates of hell personally, because of all my sins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're awesome Ilan, and will always be a good friend of mine (Daniel)